Credit Manager - Bilingual
Amer Sports - Belleville, ON (30+ days ago)
Amer Sports is the world’s leading sports equipment company. We offer technically-advanced equipment and products that improve the performance of active sports participants. Our major brands include Salomon, Wilson, Armada, Atomic, Suunto and Peak Performance.
We are currently seeking a proven leader with a strong business acumen, outstanding interpersonal skills and a technical knowledge of Credit and Collections in Canada who is also bilingual (French/English). The incumbent will lead our credit team in Canada while working closely with the team at our shared service center and will focus on continuous improvement within the credit and accounts receivable functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for elevating the quality of support, timely execution and positive interaction the Credit team has with our customers and key stakeholders throughout the organization. This leader will build outstanding relationships with others internally and externally to ensure the success of our brands in Canada.
- Formulate organizational credit policies for management approval and establishes general policies, procedures, and practices governing credit and accounts receivable functions.
- Exercise prudent control and good judgment to improve sales potential while protecting the accounts receivable investment.
- Manage and control receivables portfolio through periodic review and direct engagement with the team and customers.
- Provide guidance in gathering sufficient reasonably recent information related to customer creditworthiness upon which a credit decision can be made.
- Utilize all available credit information to evaluate credit risk, predict customer payment behavior and determine appropriate payment terms and credit limits for each account.
- Manage ad hoc and seasonal credit review process, oversee credit analysts performing analysis and approve credit limits that exceed analyst’s approval authority.
- Responsible for establishing trade receivables goals with management, judicious granting of credit and maintaining efficient collection practices.
- Work closely with customers to establish and develop strong relationships to mitigate payment delays and minimize bad debt risk.
- Review credit organization activities and recommend business process improvements based on best practices to ensure objectives are achieved. Approve changes recommended by the staff in accordance with operating requirements and current conditions.
- Drive business process improvements and lead with a bias towards continuous improvement.
- Work with internal departments to enable sales, mitigate risk, drive cash flow and meet organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with overseas Shared Service Center to support business objectives and manage execution of departmental activities.
- Assist the Director of Credit and others in periodic analyses of the market, economy, industry, and business conditions affecting the company’s credit policies.
- Act within established company policy on all credit matters.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business to business collections/credit/customer relations in the consumer products market.
- Diploma/Degree in Business or related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently and communicate with multiple teams and levels within an array of brands (matrix environment).
- Bilingual - Fluent in both French and English (written and oral).
- Advanced in MS Office and systems applications.
- SAP Experience preferred and GetPaid software experience would be a definite asset.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
This is a full time, salaried position. If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format. Please reference Credit Manager in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Amer Sports is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise us of any accommodation measures you may require during the selection process. In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- English & French (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19