Linden Design Co Ltd - Belleville, ON (30+ days ago)
As an Architectural Technologist at Linden Design Co, you will work closely with team members to collaborate on client projects from initial concept to final design. The successful candidate will develop and finalizing construction packages. You will be responsible for construction plans for residential projects such as; new builds, renovation plans, addition plans, garages, decks, and outbuildings. As well as collaborating on design solutions and custom built-ins and kitchen designs. We are looking for a talented, hardworking individual with a passion for design that is expressed through their work. As well as someone who is looking to expand their design knowledge, and grow within the firm.
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Assist in the development of architectural designs.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements, and other technical documents and reports. In particular Part 9 of OBC (Ontario Building Code) and Schedule 12.
- Prepare CAD drawings, and specifications
- Construct 3-D virtual models of architectural designs.
- Understanding how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset.
- A strong knowledge of plans
- Someone who is looking to expand their design knowledge, and grow within the firm.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Under Going or Completion of a College or University program in Architectural Technology or a related subject is required.
- 1-2 Years of architecture experience is an asset, however not required
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, Working knowledge of Ontario Building Code (particularly Part 9 and Schedule 12)
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply the right mathematical methods and formulas to problem-solving.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and Adobe Products
- Part-Time Summer Position (potential for full time)
- Between 12 - 35 hours per week
- Typical working hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computers and peripherals.
If you have the required background and would like to join Linden Design Co, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or examples of previous work (could be social media, website, etc)
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- All clients wear masks in the office
- Minimizing contact with clients in the office and their homes